You’re in the right place! We have prepared the best reheating process of bagels just for you. Check out the quick guide below and learn the easy ways to reheat this basic meal.
Quickest Methods to Reheat
Reheating bagels in a microwave, oven, and toaster is the quickest and most practical way. They have a few minute differences, but will surely heat up your bagel in no time, just as fresh from the oven!
The Toaster Method
This is your go-to option if you wish to add crunch to the bagel and/or if you’re in a hurry. People opt for this method as it is a quick way to heat the meal up. It’s very easy and simple. Here’s how:
- First, slice bagels in halves.
- Simply put it in the toaster for a couple of minutes, depending on how hot you want in to be.
- Step-up your bagels with your desired topping or spread. Looks delicious!
The Microwave Method
It goes without saying that microwaves heat food up the quickest. Good thing that your bagel can also be reheated in a microwave. However, be cautious as heating it for too long will make the bagel tough and elastic.
We don’t want that to happen, so follow these steps:
- Use a microwaveable container or plate and put the bagel in. You can slice it or put it in as it is.
- Take only 15 up to 20 seconds to reheat it inside.
- All good? Take it out and serve!
The Oven Method
This method can definitely heat your bagel up even if it takes a little longer than the other methods. Oven is a good choice to reheat food especially pastries, as it will not compromise the quality of the bread. Here’s how you do it:
- Always start by heating up the oven to 350°F or 150°C before anything else.
- Cover the bagel fully using aluminum foil.
- Into the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cover cool for a few seconds. Then, you have your bagel reheated!
Can You Still Reheat a Stale Bagel?
You found a stale bagel at home? Consider yourself lucky! You can absolutely reheat it and still turn it as a meal. Regain that warm and delicious appeal of the bagel in no time!
The microwave if your way to go! But, make sure to follow the steps below to make that bagel tasty again.
- Put the stale bagel in a microwaveable plate.
- Using a spoon, wet the top of the bagel. About 6 to 8 droplets will do.
- For 30 seconds, microwave the bagel inside on a high power.
- There you have it! A stale bagel turned into a tasty bagel. Take it out and enjoy your meal!
Reheating a Frozen Bagel
If you purchased a frozen bagel from a grocery store or just taking advantage of the leftover bagel in the fridge, this is for you. You certainly know by now how you can bagels effectively. But what if it’s frozen? Find out how below!
- Cut the frozen bagel into half.
- Set the stove to 350°F or 150°C.
- Let the frozen bagel to heat up for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- After which, check if the bagel is completely heated. Just add a few more minutes if you wish the bagel to be warmer.
- That’s it! You can now enjoy your bagel as a meal!
There are many ways on how to reheat a bagel, whether it is stale, frozen, or just sitting in the corner. Did you learn something new? Let us know in the comments!