We all love the tasty, appetizing, and yummy filling of the chicken pot pie! It is the kind of food that has to be consumed immediately or else flaky crust might be compromised.
Chicken Pot Pie Reheating Instructions
Usually, we get a mushy mess on our plates when we reheat chicken pot pies. We have prepared some instructions below to guide you in the reheating process.
It’s not as challenging as it may seem. Just take note of the things you need to follow to get the anticipated results, and you’re ready to go!
Before we jump into the reheating instructions and methods, let’s find out first why everybody is having difficulties reheating them.
We wanted the crust to be flaky. However, when chicken pot pie is reheated, the filling intensifies due to the heat— making the crust damped and mushy.
There are different ways on how you can reheat your tasty chicken pot pie. Today you’re going to learn 3 approaches that will give you desired results. Ready? Check them out below.
Preparation: 2 min
Cooking: 15 min
Although this method can take a bit longer to do, it is the best way to reheat your chicken pot pie. Just follow these steps:
- Start by heating up the oven to 300°F or 150°C.
- Get some aluminum foil to conceal the pie, particularly the thin corner crust. The more you cover it, the better result you will get.
- Into the oven for about 15 or 20 minutes. You may add a few more minutes if you like the pie hotter.
- Look after the pie every 10 minutes to make sure you don’t overdo the cooking. We don’t want it burnt, right?
- When in doubt whether to remove the pie in the oven or not, you can check its temperature inside using a food thermometer. About 165°F or higher is good enough. That’s it! You may now serve and savor!
On the Stove
Don’t have much time to oven-bake? No problem! You may also use the stove to reheat your chicken pot pie. This method is a little quicker. If you don’t feel like using an oven, follow these steps:
- Set up any pan on medium-high heat.
- To guarantee that the pie is heating up evenly, slice it into portions.
- Individually put the slices into the skillet.
- Wait for about 4 to 5 min. on one side and then turn the chicken pot pie over.
- Continue turning sides until the filling is heated well according to your liking.
- And it’s ready! Transfer them to a plate before serving.
Related Post: Ravioli Maker
In the Microwave
This is the fastest way to reheat your chicken pot pie. It will only take a couple of minutes to do. Reheating in the microwave is very easy, but it may not give your desirable results. However, if you’re in a hurry, this might be your best option. Follow these simple steps:
- Portion the pie into half or in parts.
- It is important to use low power. Regulate the microwave into its lowest power setting.
- Put the pie in the microwave, taking one slice at a time. Set 2 minutes on the timer.
- After 2 minutes, check the filling if it’s heated to your liking. You may set another minute if it’s not.
- Once the pie is heated to your desired temperature, you may now serve it and enjoy it!
If you have unconsumed or remained chicken pot pie, you can still enjoy it later! Keep it up to 3 days in the fridge and it still can be good. Beyond that, it is better to dispose of it. Chicken pot pies have a shelf life of only 2 to 3 days.
By the way, here are some additional pro tips:
- Reheating in low heat is the key! This works in whichever technique you prefer. It avoids burning the crust and it let the pie heated evenly and completely.
- When cooking, the sound inside the pie is an indicator that the pie is ready. Listen to the sound. They give clues!
- In case a food thermometer is not available around, use a fork, or even a stick instead to check the center of the pie. Touch if it’s hot enough according to your preference.
It’s a lifesaver, isn’t it? You can now save them for later if you can’t finish it all. The methods above let you enjoy eating a hot chicken pot pie and satisfy cravings anytime!