Oatmeal is really go-to breakfast food. Not only because it easy to prepare, but it is also a mood in the morning. If you ever wonder how this breakfast food can be heated up, we arranged a useful guide to showcase the best ways to reheat oatmeal.
We are usually in a hurry at breakfast time. We don’t want to be late! So, here are the two ways to quickly reheat your oatmeal.
Oatmeal Reheating Techniques
There are only 2 ways to reheat cold oatmeal and still be edible. Oatmeal lovers know how cold oatmeal can be lumpy and hard.
But don’t worry! If done right, your cold oatmeal can still be consumed by stovetop reheating or on the microwave.
These methods we prepared for you are easy. Get your steaming hot oatmeal done in no time!
Reheating Oatmeal on the Stovetop
Yes, a stovetop will definitely do! Like using a microwave, reheating in a stovetop is also easy and fast.
Here are the steps:
- Prepare a saucepan and put the oatmeal in.
- To add moisture, put some water or milk of your choice. You can go to cow’s milk or soy milk. Literally whichever you prefer.
- Turn the stove on in medium heat for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Don’t forget to stir while it’s heating up!
- For a smoother consistency, you may want to add more milk. It’s your oatmeal, don’t be shy!
- Turn off the stove. Serve and enjoy while it’s hot!
Reheating Oatmeal in the Microwave
As usual, the fastest way to reheat food is by using a microwave. It’s true for oatmeal as well. It’s only going to take 2 minutes maximum to heat everything up! Sounds good for someone in a hurry, right?
Here are the steps:
- Put your oatmeal in a microwaveable bowl or container.
- Put in the milk of your choice to give it moisture. You can always add water instead if you like, or if you run out of milk.
- Heat over a medium power setting for 1 to 2 minutes.
- After a minute, stir the oatmeal to make sure it is heating evenly.
- Once done, check if the middle is still cold. If so, stir again and put it in again for 30 seconds.
- Nicely done! Your breakfast oatmeal is ready.
Let’s Wrap Up
People termed oatmeal as a goat’s breakfast meal— satisfying and easy to prepare. Of course, we do not limit oatmeal as breakfast food only.
You can definitely have it any time of the day, whenever you wish. Especially now that you know the reheating procedures already!
As oatmeal is quick to reheat, you should not worry about preparing it in advance. Just store it in the fridge and have it heated when you’re up to eat.
Related Post: Best Torch for Creme Brulee