Orange chicken is an appetizing meal to serve for gatherings or just for a home meal. But if there were leftovers, have you figured out the technique to reheat it?
The methods we provide have been widely used by a lot of orange chicken fans. Today, we’re serving you a guide that will showcase the best methods of heating up this dish!
That being said though, let’s get started!
The Best Reheating Method of Orange Chicken
Unconsumed and leftover orange chicken can only be reheated using stovetop, microwave, or oven, depending on your preference.
The orange chicken will surely be heated shortly using the three methods mentioned. Microwave reheats the dish fast but we recommend the stovetop and oven use more. We’ll explain the reason below.
Stovetop Reheating Procedure
If you want to retain the freshness of orange chicken, this is definitely the best method you can reheat the dish. Follow these steps:
- In a skillet, put cooking oil of about a tablespoon or two. You may add more if you’re reheating a lot.
- Preheat the wok in medium heat.
- Once the skillet is heated enough, put the orange chicken in.
- Just mixed it up for about 2 minutes until the dish is hot enough.
- There you have it. Serve and enjoy orange chicken like it’s fresh out of the pot!
Reheating in the Oven
If you want a really hot orange chicken, try reheating it in the oven. The oven is always a good choice although it’s going take a little longer that of the 2 other methods. But hey! A few minutes is not much for a steaming hot orange chicken, right?
- Start by heating up the oven at 350 F or 150 C.
- Put the orange chicken in an oven-safe container and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Then, into the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the dish cool down a little so you won’t get burnt when you remove the foil.
- Once the heat is tolerable, take it out and serve!
Microwave Reheating Instructions
Up for a little trivia?
As the chicken is fried before the orange sauce is applied, you should be cautious of using the microwave to reheat it.
- Prepare orange chicken in a microwaveable container.
- Use the container’s cover or a damp paper towel to cover the dish.
- Depending on how much orange chicken you are reheating, microwave for at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remember not to microwave for so long as the chicken will turn out soggy. After a couple of minutes, check if it’s heated enough as you desire.
- Don’t get yourself burnt okay? Allow it to cool a little and then serve!
Let’s wrap up!
There are three ways to reheat your leftover orange chicken. They are easy to follow and will regain your delicious dish shortly.
Whichever you prefer, those three methods are excellent to reheat the orange chicken.